Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lately...


So last thing I said was that I would post about an article, I will talk about it at the end. I just wanted to give you an update on what's been going on before we get into that.

Thanksgiving

I can't tell everyone this enough but I am so thankful I got to spend Thanksgiving with mom. It has been a long, long while since I got the chance to spend the holidays with her and I am so grateful I can. It was just us three, Mom, Jim (her boyfriend), and I but boy was it nice. Jim and I cooked everything, I made my first turkey! Everything came out amazing. Mom ate some of everything: turkey, brussel sprouts, two kinds of mashed potatoes, onions, stuffing, cranberry sauce and of course, pie. I was so happy she could enjoy it because I know swallowing has been very difficult for her lately. We sat around together, watched football and just enjoyed one another's company.

 

 
The weekend

My moms appetite has been great. She is taking in a lot more of the feeding tube formula to make sure she is getting all her nutrients. In addition, she started eating yogurt. Tonight, she had ravioli and sausage. Although she is eating better than she was, she still needs to take in even more calories than she is.

Today, mom and I went out to the store. Hardly ever does this happen because she gets out of breath quickly or it is difficult for her to do. I was so proud of her. I am very gentle with her. I keep my pace slow as she holds on to me while we walk. She is still smart with me though and said, "we can go faster you know?" I know this but the last thing I want to do is push my mom and she gets out of breath. Anyways, it was Jim's birthday so we got him a birthday cake and we got her hair dye. Mom hasn't dyed her hair since her hair has grown back from the chemo treatments. I thought she looked beautiful with her naturally salt and pepper short hair but I know and always remember how my mom loves messing with her hair and make up. So if anyone was going to dye her hair for the first time since then, I was the one who was going to do it!


The Article

Here is the link: http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/07/05/orthodox-rabbi-may-be-first-als-patient-cured-by-israeli-drug/

Read about it. It is amazing and I hope that this catches on and pray one day it will be less expensive so all patients can do it.

Comment below.

I'll write again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Her hair does look adorable! Her face is so darn cute! Can't wait to see more pics.
    I had read that article previously. Very interesting.
    Ash, your turkey looks amazing.
    Lots of love from NJ xoxo

    ReplyDelete