Monday, December 30, 2013

I hate ALS

  • an·ger
  1. displeasure: a strong feeling of grievance and displeasure
  2. become or make greatly annoyed: to become or make somebody extremely annoyed

The definition above is how I have been feeling lately. The more my mom's disease progresses, the more anger takes over my body.

The other evening my mom, Jim, and I were talking and they asked why I haven't written on here and I mentioned why. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. That's the only reason I have to give.

Christmas came and went. Mom didn't feel well enough to eat dinner. She has been on the trilogy a lot (the machine which helps her breathing). She did spend time with us in the morning which was nice. Neighbors came by with cookies as a surprise to my mother which was so nice. Lately, I can hear in her voice that the disease is becoming progressive again. Before I could understand her but lately, not so much. Lucky enough, today we received the eye enabled machine that will allow my mother to communicate with us clearly. I will get a video up by Friday of her using the machine. The man should be coming this week to put it all together. In addition, Jim picked up a bracelet called LifeStrength. It is an ID bracelet for my mother. If she can't communicate, medical personnel can scan the ID badge to find out all my mothers information.

I just want people to realize everyday here gets harder for my mom, Jim and I. Everyday is different. It is emotional in so many ways. Jim and I had a conversation about this earlier this evening. As hard as it is to see my mom going through this, it is a true gift to be the people who get to help her everyday and make it easier for her.

I love you mom!




1 comment:

  1. Ash, you should check out caregiver support groups. The technology looks amazing. Tell mommy I love her. Xoxo
    Aunt Col

    ReplyDelete